The Barn holiday cottage is a relaxing countryside retreat benefitting from excellent local walks, cycle routes, local pubs, village shop. Well located for popular local attractions eg. steam trains on the Mid Hants Railway ‘Watercress Line’, Jane Austen’s House at Chawton, National Trust at Hinton Ampner, the market towns of Alton and Alresford and the historic city of Winchester.
The Barn offers:
- Single storey accommodation suitable for couples.
A place to relax: Unique glazed Garden Room with dining table and conservatory furniture. Fabulous views over scented and colourful gardens, vineyard and woods beyond. Brilliant for observing a great variety of birds, roe deer and other local wildlife. Within The Barn itself: contemporary open plan living with TV, DVD, well stocked library of books and maps, jigsaws, games. CD player. WiFi.
- A place to sleep: Elegant oak double bedstead with deep comfy mattress; crisp Egyptian cotton bed linens; feather duvet and pillows, unless otherwise requested.
- A place to eat: Fully equipped kitchen facilities, including electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, cafetiere. Contemporary cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery. Dining table with 4 chairs. Great local pubs and restaurants if preferred.
- A private space: Spacious bathroom with slate flooring, deep roll top bath and powerful shower over bath. Shaver point. Egyptian cotton towels provided.
Washing machine, drying and ironing facilities.
Central heating, electricity and hot water included.
- Garden furniture on south west facing private terrace. BBQ available in season.
- Parking space adjacent to The Barn.
- Fresh eggs when hens are laying.
- Welcome treats on arrival.
- Clean, non-smoking environment.
- Excellent dark skies for star gazing.
- Village shop and post office.
- Village pub within walking distance.
- Short and longer breaks available.