The Barn is a relaxing countryside retreat benefitting from excellent local walks, cycle routes, local pubs, village shop. Well located for popular local attractions eg. steam trains on the Mid Hants Railway ‘Watercress Line’, Jane Austen’s Museum at Chawton, National Trust at Hinton Ampner, the market towns of Alton and Alresford and the historic city of Winchester. Excellent star gazing opportunities and glorious sunsets when conditions are right!
The Barn provides well-designed, single storey and self-contained accommodation, ensuring you have all you require, and more, to enjoy your stay. Suitable for couples. Young children can also be accommodated. Short breaks available. Wifi access to keep you connected to the outside world.
The Barn offers:
A place to relax: Unique glazed Garden Room with dining table and conservatory furniture. Fabulous views over scented and colourful gardens, vineyard and woods beyond. Brilliant for observing a great variety of birds, roe deer and other local wildlife. Within The Barn itself: contemporary open plan living with TV, DVD, well stocked library of books and maps, jigsaws, games. CD player. WiFi.
- A place to sleep: Elegant oak double bedstead with deep comfy mattress; crisp Egyptian cotton bed linens; feather duvet and pillows, unless otherwise requested. Sleeping arrangements for children are the sofa-bed or fold-up z-beds.
- A place to eat: Fully equipped kitchen facilities, including electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, toaster, cafetiere. Contemporary cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery. Dining table with 4 chairs. Great local pubs and restaurants if preferred.
- A private space: Spacious bathroom with slate flooring, deep roll top bath and powerful shower over bath. Shaver point. Egyptian cotton towels provided.
Washing machine, drying and ironing facilities.
Central heating, electricity and hot water included.
- Garden furniture on south west facing private terrace. BBQ available in season.
- Parking space adjacent to The Barn.
- Breakfast by arrangement.
- Hens to feed and fresh bantam eggs to collect.
- Welcome treats on arrival.
- Clean, non-smoking environment.